World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Bates, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Bates

Bates Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of course I am talking about the football world cup that will take place in Brazil this june and july! Are you excited about it, will you watch the games and who is your favorite? I personally like Argentina and Brazil.

2. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    It's sort of a shambles right now, with the stadium delays and all of the unrest of such an unequal nation throwing money at this.. :nono:

this might be a golden chance for the south american teams, because of the climate, or am I overthinking this factor?

3. Abrams

Abrams Unstoppable Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=forgotten in space link=topic=583.msg30839#msg30839 date=1396207480]
    It's sort of a shambles right now, with the stadium delays and all of the unrest of such an unequal nation throwing money at this.. :nono:

this might be a golden chance for the south american teams, because of the climate, or am I overthinking this factor?
    [/quote]

*cough* Spain *cough*

4. forgotten in space

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    [quote author=Abrams link=topic=583.msg30840#msg30840 date=1396207646]
    *cough* Spain *cough*
    [/quote]

you think they're clearcut favourites? I'd put Germany up with them equally, and Brazil and Argentina because of the weather thingy. it's just not what europeans are used to.

5. Abrams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=forgotten in space link=topic=583.msg30841#msg30841 date=1396208158]
    you think they're clearcut favourites? I'd put Germany up with them equally, and Brazil and Argentina because of the weather thingy. it's just not what europeans are used to.
    [/quote]

Spain is hot climate. That's why I mentioned them.

I hope that Holland will do mess. They have really strong team.

6. forgotten in space

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    [quote author=Abrams link=topic=583.msg30843#msg30843 date=1396208242]
    Spain is hot climate. That's why I mentioned them.

I hope that Holland will do mess. They have really strong team.
    [/quote]

hot weather usually, but not the same as South America. Being Portuguese, I hope Spain loses every single match, but they're too good for that :(

7. Abrams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=forgotten in space link=topic=583.msg30856#msg30856 date=1396211929]
    hot weather usually, but not the same as South America. Being Portuguese, I hope Spain loses every single match, but they're too good for that :(
    [/quote]

Poland didn't managed to get there... but having only 3 world class players in field (trio from Borussia) and decent goalkeepers. Rest of our team sucks. Our league sucks... Portugal is very strong compared to us. We didn't had group phase in CL since like 17 years. Portugal have strong national team and strong teams in league.

8. Bates

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Spain are still very strong team but I would like to see some other team in the final. Most importantly I would like to see some good attacking football not some calculations and "fixing".

9. Stan

Stan Novice Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Spain is going to be taking this one again. I would bet on Brazil too. Being at home is always a team Booster.

10. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
    not really a football fan, meaning I don't keep up with all the European leagues etc.. don't even know the names of the players :tard:

but every 4 years I watch the world cup :o almost a tradition now :tard2:

and somehow I've always supported Brazil, and just behind them, Argentina :shrug:

time to dust out the old brazil flag and put it up again, a Brazil world cup win at home would be epic :soccer: .. either way, good times will be had :beerchug:

11. Trent

Trent Novice Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. FinalRose

FinalRose Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I never really watch league football but for some reason I always watch the World Cup, I don't know why! I'm starting to think something will go wrong though considering Brazil seems to have a "I don't care" attitude towards the whole stadium building thing at the moment, haha.

I'm hoping someone 'different' wins it though, like when Greece won the Euros that time, a black horse winning the World Cup would be awesome! *cough* England *cough*

13. AndrewT

AndrewT Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=FinalRose link=topic=583.msg33900#msg33900 date=1398703350]
    I never really watch league football but for some reason I always watch the World Cup, I don't know why! I'm starting to think something will go wrong though considering Brazil seems to have a "I don't care" attitude towards the whole stadium building thing at the moment, haha.

I'm hoping someone 'different' wins it though, like when Greece won the Euros that time, a black horse winning the World Cup would be awesome! *cough* England *cough*
    [/quote]
    There are a lot of people like you :) It's because the whole euphoria football fans create and even people that don't follow football like to watch the World Cup. I don't think that an outsider will win the cup but there are always surprises in the quarter finals and even semi finals.

14. Abrams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Best England's defender.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PHIL JONES!

15. Bates

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does he always makes facial expressions like that? :) He's a good player but Manchester United was far from solid this year so we will see how he will perform this june (and july maybe?).

16. Abrams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=Bates link=topic=583.msg35313#msg35313 date=1400140657]
    Does he always makes facial expressions like that? :)
    [/quote]

Apparently:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Abrams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  18. forgotten in space

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    :lol:

I'm still not sold on Jones, to be honest. Doesn't help that Man Utd has a short squad so he keeps playing everywhere except CB :eyeroll:

19. Abrams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=forgotten in space link=topic=583.msg35446#msg35446 date=1400187542]
    :lol:

I'm still not sold on Jones, to be honest. Doesn't help that Man Utd has a short squad so he keeps playing everywhere except CB :eyeroll:
    [/quote]

I watch United regularly as supporter and he is TERRIFIC on Defensive Midfield. Taking out CR in fist match with Real last season... And other great matches. He should switch to that position permanently.

20. forgotten in space

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    nah, he can't pass. Unless to make the most of his destructive capabilities, United shift to a 4-3-3 where he plays ahead of the defenders and behind the other two centre midfields...