What are your thoughts on audio books?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Rocklin, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Rocklin

Rocklin T&G Senior Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just started reading "The monk who sold his Ferrari" because I want to talk about it for a video I'm planning on making and it seems like my mind wanders away and I misread words (tiny mistakes).. happens to me for some reason so I was thinking maybe I should get into audio books instead. Maybe my "listening attention" is better.

How about you, do you prefer real books, or audio books, or both?

2. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
    No experience with them apart from the transformers audio cassette book I had when I was little. Not huge on books anyway, sometimes I feel I've wandered off and have to re-read the last 3 pages or the chapter or whatever again :tard:

..I suppose one could wander off and miss a bunch and have to rewind the last 10 minutes with an audio book too :P

3. Rocklin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah man, just wondering if my attention is better if I actually listen to the text and not read with my eyes. Sometimes I misread stuff using my peripheral vision and that's annoying. My mind tend to erase info I just read quickly sometimes but if I re-read it it's "familiar". :tard: It's like I do register it on a subconscious level but I can't retain it.

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think they're great. Especially if you're in the car for long periods of time. Your mind will wander just like it does with a real book, I think it's just human nature. We are either tired or thinking about what's going on in our lives that your mind wanders.

5. Rocklin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know... I was walking and listening to an AB but my mind is like "brb".