Want to get back into reading books

Discussion in 'Books' started by TravisM, Oct 29, 2014.

1. TravisM

TravisM Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, so I am not much of a reader these days anymore and I haven't read a book all the way through in about five years or so, maybe longer, not sure. But how does one get back into books? The way I relax is by playing video games, watching movies/tv and listening to music, etc. But books haven't been my focus in many years. Do you's have any suggestions on how to get back into books? I got an ebook called The Disaster Artist a few months back because it was cheap, and because it's the true story about one of the worst movies ever made (The Room), but I've yet to actually read it.

Any suggestions?

2. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 46 / -10
    This reminds me i haven't read a book in a very long time either.
    The only advice i can give is to try and find yourself a very interesting book, something you like... maybe the biography of an artist/ known person you like a lot, maybe a captive adventure books? Whenever i'm in a doubt, i'll go look trough the classics. There's no go wrong between their titles.

Hope this help :)

3. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    Sometimes you'll have those bestseller books which, though not exactly good literature or well written, are actually engaging enough for you to keep reading. Something like that Dan Brown bloke's books.
    Plus, the chapters are super small, and makes you feel like you're really progressing :lol: