Suggest some good books

Discussion in 'Books' started by Brem, May 18, 2014.

1. Brem

Brem Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am thinking about getting a library set up, well just start a library so whenever I feel like it's time to finally read, I will have some books ready to go. I was wondering if there's any books I should read? I like crime dramas, sci-fi, mysteries and so on. Anything that's crazy and mind boggling. I plan to get all of the George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series of books, but what are some other good books to check out?

I probably wont read any of them for a long time, but I'm planning on building a media room and I'm leaving a shelf just for books. I would love to fill it with books I would like to read one day. You never know when the apocalypse comes and I may need a good book to hold me over. haha!

2. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    Oh man, so many to mention I end up just drawing a blank :lol:

I'm not well-read on sci-fi apart from Jules Vernes which I loved when I was a kid, don't know if 1984 by Orwell would count. :o
    As for crimes, I really liked Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith. Haven't read the follow-ups though.

3. PaulM

PaulM Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have three favorites that I've read numerous times; I'd say every couple of years. A Tale of Two Cities (which I just finished again 2 days ago). Animal Farm (which is an absolutely hilarious book). And Candide; which is by far my favorite.

4. AndrewT

AndrewT Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Find some dystopian novels like Fahrenheit 451, 1984, The Hunger Games, Brave New World...

5. PaulM

PaulM Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And to add to Andrews list; Battle Royale. It's a Japanese novel that the Hunger Games stole from. The book, and the movie, are far, far better than the Hunger Games.