Self diagnosis via internet

Discussion in 'Health and Workouts' started by Bates, May 9, 2014.

1. Bates

Bates Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if there are other people like me who use the internet for self diagnosis :) What do you think about that? I think that this online research has only caused more troubles for me so I'll stick to seeking advice from my doctor. There are like thousands of medical articles written by non-medical staff so I really don't take them so seriously.

2. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
    terrible idea.. have a problem ? go see a proper doctor !

of course, once you know what you're dealing with, the interwebs in a goldmine of all sorts of information that you may use.

3. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 45 / -10
    What beer said.
    For google fever means a brain tumor/ *insert other terminal illness here*. :| I wouldn't recommend unless you have a little bit of a clue about symptoms and sicknesses in general.

But once you had a proper diagnose there are so many good advice at hand.

4. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    only if you already have a proper diagnosis already.

real doctors struggle with stuff because of similar symptoms and so forth too, no need for regular folks to stress themselves even more :lol:

5. Phantom

Phantom Commander Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    And if you feel realy reals bad. See a doctor and then another doctor for a second opinion!

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think for minor symptoms, it's ok to look things up and see what you're dealing with. If you're doubling over in pain or if you were in an accident and have body parts hanging out I would suggest seeking medical attention. It's good for a person to listen to their body and try to understand what it's telling you. Most of the time you go to a doctor and their trying to guess what it might be. Then they think they can solve everything by giving you a pill to mask the pain instead of trying to figure out where the problem is coming from and fix it.