Organic medicine

Discussion in 'Health and Workouts' started by Stacey, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Stacey

Stacey Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone here know of any organic medicine I could take instead of any kind of pills for pain? The reason I ask is because I tend to get headaches once in a while and I always take Aleve for pain relief, but I would rather take something that's organic and doesn't have any weird additives. I've been trying to go a healthier route with medicine and food, so organic is the route I'd like to take.

2. Phantom

Phantom Commander Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I did a detox program a few weeks ago. It's a powder you take for two weeks while you avoid fast food, coffee, alcohol and milk products.
    That pretty much solved MY headache problem

3. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
    pot ? :js1:

kidding, no idea.. talk to a doc if you have a chronic headache problem, they might be able to zero in on the cause and you can look for an organic remedy/cure from then on.

good luck

4. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 45 / -10
    I think what you need to do is find the source of those headaches and then see how to treat it.
    A little while ago i used to get this headaches, nausea and a horror sensitivity to light. Got that bad i wasn't able to use my pc, tv, phone - nothing with a monitor and i felt like wearing sun glasses in the house at all the times in order to make the headaches better. My problem was depression and i followed a intravenous laser treatment + St.John's worth.

What my recommendation is, seek the advice of your doctor rather than trying to home heal yourself.
    I'm all pro organic treatments, but sometimes it's just not enough.

5. Shole

Shole Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are a lot of different organic things you could use instead of pills, it all depends on what exactly is hurting you and what works on you.
    Ask someone who knows those staff (usually older people) .

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am a big believer in medicinal herbs, I have taken a wide variety for different reasons for over 15 years. The main thing is to try and figure out what is causing the pain. For headaches I usually tell people to drink plenty of water. Dehydration is one of the leading causes of headaches. I used to get headaches quite frequently, but since I've been drinking over 96oz or more of water daily I rarely get them. I also get sinus headaches once in the while which are terrible. For those and really any kind of headache I would recommend kola nut powder. It is an African herb that can help with several problems. It doesn't taste very good so I usually mix it with pomegranate juice, or pomegranate/cranberry. I ordered mine from Amazon. They have a seller that gets it directly from Africa. Do a google search for kola nut benefits and you'll find plenty of info.

I try not to take over the counter things. Aleve has been linked to stroke and heart attacks. Mercola has a great article on it here - http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2005/01/05/anti-inflammatories.aspx