Meditation

Discussion in 'Health and Workouts' started by Stacey, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Stacey

Stacey Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone here ever tried using meditation to get over stress? A friend of mine has been doing it for a few months now and she says it works wonders for her health. I am interested in trying it to open my mind up a bit, but I'm paranoid it'd be a total waste of time. Does anyone know if it's worth doing?

2. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 45 / -10
    Can't be a waste of time if it helps you relax.
    I tried it a few times, it was actually guided meditation because i figured that it worked better for me. While trying to meditate with only nature sounds for example, the noise of my thoughts was too loud and i was often distracted, ending up on the same path with or without music to meditate on. I tried it always at nights when i couldn't sleep and it sure had a good effect on me. :thumbsup:

3. Brem

Brem Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I actually considered it in the past, but never actually went through with it. I might give it a try one of these days as I sometimes deal with anxieties and depression. Which isn't often, but it can be annoying to deal with such problems once in a great while. So maybe I should give it a try when I need it.

4. Rocklin

Rocklin T&G Senior Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Meditation is great when you master it. There's a ton of scientific studies proving its positive effects. It's just that actually learning how to do it is a bitch as the mind is like a kindergarten.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I started meditating about a year ago. There is a meditation center that is a few miles from where I live and I used to drive by it all the time. So one day I stopped in and joined their group. I've learned a lot going there, but over the last three months I've been going less and less and doing more on my own. I'm a pretty hyper person and it has helped me to be more relaxed.