Like to travel?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Mack89, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Mack89

Mack89 Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone here like to travel? I myself have always wanted to become a traveler, to travel to exotic places and see new people and cultures. I would love to travel all over the world, but I don't know exactly where I would like to end up. What about you though?

2. PaulM

PaulM Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love it and would be happy to never have a permanent residence ever again. I'm an American, but have traveled almost everywhere, except Asia (next on my list). I've been living in Central America for the past year now and really don't want to leave. That being said though...today totally sucked here. Went on our border run to renew our visas (which we must do every 90 days). I had to bribe a cop, and two different customs agents. $60 down the drain. That's definitely not the norm though.

3. TravisM

TravisM Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah sure, when I do I love experiencing new cultures and places. I don't travel a lot, but when I do I like to go to really cool places. I would love to visit central America though as it seems like a very wonderful place to be, of course I don't know if I'd want to live anywhere too long since I wouldn't want to keep renewing visas all the time.

4. Stacey

Stacey Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Who doesn't? I've been into traveling my whole life. I don't do it often, but I've gone to various states and was close to going anywhere in South America. I don't do it enough though and I would love to get back into it if possible.

5. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 46 / -10
    I do like to travel, but i always like having a place where to return. I couldn't be in between places all the time because i need a lot of time to adapt with the change of culture/ mentality etc. I've been living in Germany for as long as 4 years and a bit, but i still struggle at work and in social situations. Before coming here, i lived for a few years in Greece and the change was pretty dramatic. There you had your chatty, friendly, looouud, messy - not necessarily in a bad way, bunt neighborhood and all of the sudden you changed to a totally different place where every step you take must be made according to the instruction. Damn! there's hardly music in the cafes... :shrug: And although i'm not an outgoing person, it affected me a lot and it took me(/ it still takes) time to accommodate

In conclusion, i'm all pro traveling as long as i got a place to return to.

6. Brem

Brem Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have not really traveled anywhere in my life. I've lived a pretty sheltered life in terms of traveling that is. I've been in one place pretty much my whole life and barely went far. Though, I would love to travel all over the world, maybe Japan as it seems like a popular one.

7. PaulM

PaulM Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=Brem link=topic=1061.msg47205#msg47205 date=1415039611]
    I have not really traveled anywhere in my life. I've lived a pretty sheltered life in terms of traveling that is. I've been in one place pretty much my whole life and barely went far. Though, I would love to travel all over the world, maybe Japan as it seems like a popular one.
    [/quote]

Japan might be a bit rough for me, at least the big cities. My friend here in Nicaragua stayed in Tokyo for a month last year and said it was absolutely nuts. People everywhere at all times of the day and night. I prefer a quieter environment; a couple of beers at the cantina, a hammock, a book or two, and a cheap-ass place to stay.

Although, if I did find myself in Japan you better believe I'll be eating my body weight in sushi.

8. Benatel

Benatel Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I always dream about some day in future when I had earned so much money that I don't need to do anything more, I and my family can go around this world. Visit interesting places, test delicious food of each country.
    I'm still working hard for those days...

9. ElzaSm

ElzaSm Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just adore travelling, it Fills your life, gives new emotions and new way of thinking!