Is Console gaming dead?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mack89, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Mack89

Mack89 Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would anyone here say that console gaming is dead? Many people will probably remember that in the past people have put the point that PC gaming was dead, but, if anything, more people are probably jumping to PC gaming. With PC gaming far achieving consoles nearly after their releases, it looks like PC gaming will be the place to play the best quality games.

Anyways, lets get back to console gaming being dead. To me, consoles are becoming more and more PCs. Look at each new console, it's like a cheaper high end PC that will eventually be outdated in a year or two, if not already. So, do we really need consoles? I still want them, but it seems that they're just downgraded PCs.

Plus you have to consider the fact that the Wii U and Xbox One aren't selling a ton. Yes the Xbox One is doing fine, but it's being outsold by the PS4 big time I hear. So could this be bad? Or will it be fine?

2. TravisM

TravisM Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think console gaming is dead at all. In fact I think PC and console gaming is much alive in that we are continuing to buy them. The Xbox One may not be selling like hot cakes, but I hear it's selling more than what the Xbox 360 was at that time, and that was selling great back then. The PS4 is selling awesomely as well with the Wii U picking up some steam for 2015.

I just think it's dumb when people say a certain thing is dead, when there's no proof of that being the case. Yes the console race isn't close right now, but it'll pick up soon, and PC gaming will continue to do great as gamers realize it's a bit more fun to mod popular games.

So to answer your question. It'll be fine. Consoles always take a while to sell right away. I mean, the PS4 and Xbox One haven't even been out for a full year I think, so it's to be expected.

3. Jupiter Zero

Jupiter Zero Novice Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seems to be pretty alive to me since they released a PS4 and X-Box One.

Seems consoles are trying to compete with PC if you ask me.

4. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 45 / -10
    Now people must understand that to compare the two is just wrong. Console gaming won't ever reach the level of Pc gaming which is the real game experience. This are two different things we're speaking about

An no, it won't die... it will just keep existing in the shadow of the pc gaming :o

5. gypsy_tears

gypsy_tears T&G Master Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Is this a joke thread? :lol:

6. Stacey

Stacey Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's far from dead. It may be dealing with problems, but each console generation has their problems. But this console generation so far, hasn't seen a console die, and we often see many consoles die during past console generations. Look at the Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, and consoles like the 3DO and other consoles that came out and never gone anywhere.

We all though the Wii U would end up failing, but so far it's kicking. Console gaming is far from dead, but it does have its problems, but that's to be expected.

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, it's not dead or dying. I've always been a computer gamer but last year I decided to buy my first console a PS3. I got an awesome deal and of course I'm getting super deals on games for it because it's old tech. It's not the same as PC gaming, but it is nice to play games on a 50 inch plasma. I think each have their pros and cons and both will be around for a very long time. Look at the gaming app industry for tablets and phones. People like to game and they like to have options on how to do it.

8. Nazeboo

Nazeboo Support Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No is not.
    Console gaming is good for Racing games / Sport games (Football / Soccer) and maby for Beat'em up's (Mortal Kombat). The rest of the games are best to be played on PC.

9. gypsy_tears

gypsy_tears T&G Master Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I beg to differ. Sure you have better controls in FPS games on the pc, but they're still very playable on console and since the MP part of them is only between other console users, there is no handicap.

But yeah, console gaming IS NOT dead.

Look at the ps4 now, it's selling like gangbusters. It's a beast! :D

master race can suck my anus :moon: