How Is Your Life Right Now?

Discussion in 'Grown Ups' started by Iris, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +447 / 45 / -10
    I'm pretty okay with how mine turned. Really glad i found a hobby that manages to keep me busy enough to don't go trough horrible dark times as i used to, couldn't be more happy for having a lovely husband and a solid 10+ years relationship. What i'm not pleased with is the work. Right? I don't necessarily have a problem with the workplace or the type of work i'm doing, it's just that at some point you realize that you spend to much time at work and waaay too little time for yourself.

[​IMG]

So this is a small introduction to what up in my life currently. How about yours?

2. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +238 / 19 / -7
    Work is alright, got a 100 euros raise last month..I have no problem whatsoever with doing what I do eventhough I have a post-grad education :o
    Family situation is beyond horrible and a complete shambles.
    I've had little to no free time since November because of the works at my grandfather's place, but hopefully it all ends this month. Then I can move in and live there by myself. I'm too old to have no privacy and live with my parents, though I understand post-2008 my situation is sadly becoming norm. Even if the family situation with my father and stuff was great, I've long realised I can't live with someone like my mom who is ON all the time. :lol: I'm an introvert, I want peace and quiet and not to have my nerves continuously grated :lol:

So the no free-time (I've lost count on the number of things I've missed since November) is very draining but I have to take it on the chin because it's to my direct benefit, and soon it'll be a new stage again, so I hope to get a somewhat clean slate to work with.. :)

3. Sheolite

Sheolite T&G Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 2 / -0
    Post-grad education? Nice. Where I live one has to stick with the job they have especially when one has a family but I would love to be able to take classes and get out of being a janitor at a university. I know I would excel in college but I'm just in a position where I can't do it.

I'm glad that at some point you will be on your own to just be able to recharge and indulge your introverted self. I really enjoyed being a bachelor living on my own back in the day, it was nice to be so introverted that a day alone at home was good enough for me. How soo before you can find a place of your own, [MENTION=12]forgotten in space[/MENTION]?

4. forgotten in space

Ratings:
    +238 / 19 / -7
    what do you mean? :tard2:
    how long will it take?

5. Sheolite

Ratings:
    +69 / 2 / -0
    Yeah, how long? Stupid typos... Sorry.

6. forgotten in space

Ratings:
    +238 / 19 / -7
    To this house I'm moving into, or to something completely owned by me? If the former, still this month, hopefully. They need to finalise the gas pipes, it will still not be done fully with the house but nothing stopping me from moving in. If the latter, no way would I be able to afford finding a place. This house I'm moving into is the house I grew up in, but now no-one lives there since my grandfather passed away, so I'm moving in, but I'm not paying rent or anything. So basically, a favour from my dad and uncle :o

What's "frustrating" is spending so much money in small interventions here and there, but the house will still look the same, no money to renew the tiles/walls or anything, apart from the bedroom and the stove/oven I'm even keeping all my grandfather's furniture, fridge. etc :tard:
    It took so long because we had to clear the house of everything he had there, and split it between my dad and my uncle, and do massive cleaning :P

7. Sheolite

Ratings:
    +69 / 2 / -0
    Do you have a gov't program that will help winterize and make the house more energy efficient? I ask cuz a few months ago I did paperwork on my mum's house to get a gas heater cuz she burns wood and it's just getting to be too tough and just yesterday they gave her a new more energy efficient fridge and they said they would also replace the windows. That was more than we expected.

8. forgotten in space

Ratings:
    +238 / 19 / -7
    I'm not sure if government programs go into specifics like that here. :| But the house isn't very old, built in 1979. My grandparents used to live in Lisbon before, and their apartment there, now THAT was old.

9. lexo

lexo Resident Elite Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Life happens, shit goes on.

10. Nardia

Nardia Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A bit lonely. My husband died of cancer last year and my daughter had come to live with me. She is in constant pain and has lupus. Because of liver problems she is unable to take meds that could help. I feel for her and get frustrated ATV the whole situation.
    But we have a few laughs and reckon if we 9ne the lottery we would have a butler/manservant who would cater for our every whim. Massages, pamper as you wanted. Someone who would take care of us both. Ah one can dream!!!

11. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +447 / 45 / -10

[MENTION=247]Nardia[/MENTION], a very warm welcome to the forum.
    I'm very sorry for your loss and to read your sad story. :<

12. Sheolite

Ratings:
    +69 / 2 / -0
    Welcome, [MENTION=247]Nardia[/MENTION].

13. Abrams

Abrams Unstoppable Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I rate my life now as 7/10 :tard:

14. Iris