HIIT Training

Discussion in 'Health and Workouts' started by Scorpion, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anybody adopted high-intensity interval training? When I was younger, I used to go to the gym all the time and put in a 60 - 90 minute workout. Then life got in the way and I got lazy and fell out of it. Over the last year, I finally got fed up with the way I felt and looked and started HIIT training, along with mountain biking, and intermittent fasting.

It has worked wonders for me. I'm sprinting using the Peak Fitness Method, which is 30 seconds of maximum effort followed by 90 seconds of recuperation for 8 repetitions. I have also used the same method when biking just using longer intervals and longer distances. Anybody else doing HIIT?

2. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 45 / -10
    I related very much to the first part of your post. I used to do a lot of gym and all sort of workout, but after i got a job I hardly find the energy or time to keep up. Nowadays I rarely go out for a light jog or do a few abs at home, but that's pretty much it. Hope at the right time i'll find the same motivation as you to get into a better healthier routine. :thumbsup:

As about HIIT, yup. I did a lot of Insanity workouts and that's exactly what those programs are. Best results ever!
    Also used high intensity intervals when i was working on the treadmill. Same good results.

So, good luck with your program and welcome to the forums ! :)