Heath issues of e-cigs?

Discussion in 'Health and Workouts' started by M@NNY, Jan 23, 2015.

1. M@NNY

M@NNY Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    See i just got into smoking e-cigs. Although i havent been a smoker i have been a passive smoker for quiet a while as all my friends and family smoke. I always end up craving for a fag my self, but since i want to stay away from the tar, carbonmonooxid and nasty smell smoke produces i chose e-cigs as a healthier alternative. But people still scare me by saying its ass bad as normal cigs and im hesitating now.

Does any one else have experience with e-cigs? Id love tips and advice...

2. Brem

Brem Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've never smoked an e-cig as I've never smoked cigarettes. I do want to try a vaporizer pen to smoke hash oil or some kinds of marijuana. But other than that never touched an e-cig. I think the only problem with them, is that they don't stop addictions to cigarettes, just gives you another way of getting your nicotine. I imagine it's much safer than actual cigs, but I'm no scientist and have no idea.

I do know, that in the US they want to ban them in public areas like cigarettes. Because of second hand smoke, or vapor shall I say. I don't know if someone can get second hand vapor though.

3. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    They're too recent for it to be a solid body of evidence for or against, but there was that Japanese study in late 2014 where they found that even without the tar and stuff like that, the wiring that produces the vapor overheats and release substances like formaldehyde and acetaldehyde. One brand they studied ended up releasing 10 time more carcinogenics than usual cigarettes. But that was just brand I think.

Plus, [conspiracy]a government commissioned study would never exactly "endorse" "bad" products anyway[/conspiracy].

I've only smoked pot in my life, so I don't have any first-hand experience to offer. I don't even think I've seen e-cigs in person.

4. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3