Have you ever been ghosted by/ghosted someone?

Discussion in 'Grown Ups' started by forgotten in space, Aug 29, 2016.

1. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +238 / 19 / -7
    As in, completely cut off communication with someone (normally someone you're dating or a friend) without notice, completely out of the blue start pretending the person doesn't exist?

I don't think I could ever do it. Shit's rude. :O
    Unless of course it's someone leaving a violent relationship or something like that, then it's ok :O

as for me, I kinda was ghosted once. I hooked up with a classmate first year of university, then she stopped going to classes altogether so after a while I dropped by her house (she lived with her mom) and no-one else lived there anymore. So, I never saw her again.
    I guess she didn't think we were serious enough for us to talk about life in general and stuff like moving away :tard2:

[MENTION=1]iris[/MENTION] [MENTION=10]beer[/MENTION] [MENTION=14]gypsy_tears[/MENTION] [MENTION=64]raj[/MENTION] [MENTION=93]lexo[/MENTION] [MENTION=217]Sheolite[/MENTION] [MENTION=104]Phantom[/MENTION] [MENTION=20]TeddyBear[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Abrams[/MENTION] [MENTION=67]PaulM[/MENTION] [MENTION=114]felix[/MENTION]

2. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +181 / 22 / -3
    no.

I don't get why anyone would do that either, why not just tell them to their face what it is and move on ? unless, like you said, it's a weird violent psychotic relationship or something.

:shrug:

3. Sheolite

Sheolite T&G Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 2 / -0
    I have totally ghosted women before but that's when they don't get the fact that I don't want anything to do with them or don't want them around anymore and they totally get psycho on me.

4. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +447 / 45 / -10
    It happened to me once, back in the day. :o The guy was going trough a rough path and i kinda stood by for 1 year and 1/2 (something like that) and after the rough path was gone aka. he passed his medical residency after a week or so...he left town and that was it. Just like that. I found out from someone else that he left town.
    Eventually after a good while he called on my birthday telling me stories about ...life. It was too late and i couldn't be more happy because in between i met my husband. :)

I never did it to someone. All i remember from when i went trough it was that i didn't care we broke up, i just needed to have a conversation so i could easier go on - move forward. :|

5. gypsy_tears

gypsy_tears T&G Master Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Never.

But I once txt messaged my girlfriend,sitting across the table from me in the pub, by mistake, that I was about to break up with her.... :vangaal:

6. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +238 / 19 / -7
    You mean like a joke where you weren't intending to press send?

Or you had another lover and sent your text to the wrong girl? :van:

7. gypsy_tears

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Nah, my mate txt-ed me asking if I broke up with her yet :yao:

So I replied something like : Not Yet, I'm gonna break it off now, just waiting for the right moment [​IMG]

8. gypsy_tears

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    and what a moment that was [​IMG]