Have a hard time reading books?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Brem, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Brem

Brem Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like myself, I never was a big fan of reading books, well I used to be, but I kind of focus my efforts on video games, tv, and movies. I just feel like I never have the time to read. Is anyone in the same boat? By that, I mean try to read but never finish a book or just don't read?

There is a lot of books I want to read, I just never go for it.

2. Phantom

Phantom Commander Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=Brem link=topic=542.msg29663#msg29663 date=1395527162]
    Like myself, I never was a big fan of reading books, well I used to be, but I kind of focus my efforts on video games, tv, and movies. I just feel like I never have the time to read. Is anyone in the same boat? By that, I mean try to read but never finish a book or just don't read?

There is a lot of books I want to read, I just never go for it.
    [/quote]

Jap! I never read books. It bores me to death. Even good books that make people addictive n shit... It just gives me nothing - I can't help it :silent:

3. Abrams

Abrams Unstoppable Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I read lot. And fast :shrug: if book is good I can read it in few hours.

4. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 46 / -10
    Sometimes, yes. I wasn't able to read for months and months in a row when i was having troubles with anxiety. The problem was that i just couldn't get what i was reading. I would read page after page and suddenly realize that i had no idea what i just read or what that book was about. I found it really hard to concentrate or stay put.

I think i'm a slow reader, but i do enjoy books. A lot! i spent most of my money in high-school on books and made quite a beautiful and rich personal library at that time.

5. Phantom

Phantom Commander Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=Iris link=topic=542.msg29694#msg29694 date=1395570390]
    Sometimes, yes. I wasn't able to read for months and months in a row when i was having troubles with anxiety. The problem was that i just couldn't get what i was reading. I would read page after page and suddenly realize that i had no idea what i just read or what that book was about. I found it really hard to concentrate or stay put.
    [/quote]

Thank you. Exactly my problem!

6. Rocklin

Rocklin T&G Senior Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Depends on the book itself. Sidney Sheldon's books are really good. Once I read 50 pages in one go because he's the man.

7. Jupiter Zero

Jupiter Zero Novice Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can only read so much before it bores me to sleep. I have to be in a mood.

8. Rocklin

Rocklin T&G Senior Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I have some kind of attention problem with reading. I keep losing the context of sentences if they are long and also my attention ability greatly depends on the book itself. I read the Motley Crue autobio really fast because it was the most fucked up book I'd ever read.

9. gmola

gmola Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like books more than any other means of storytelling/information giving. It is too easy to loose attention but still THINK you are paying attention when simply listening or watching (for example, watching a video), but with books/texts, you know immediately when you are loosing attention. Keeps you more engaged that way.

10. ElzaSm

ElzaSm Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Reading is my hobby I read different books. Bu as I am working don't have enough time for reading!

11. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 46 / -10
    I totally relate to this.
    Back in the day, when i was still in school, reading was like my second nature :lol: