Got too many books?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Brem, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Brem

Brem Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do any of you's have too many books? I myself am not much of a reader, and in fact I only have like two or three books lying around. I used to read a lot in high school and before that, but after I graduated high school I pretty much stopped reading books. With that being said, does anyone here own far too many books? Kind of like how gamers have a backlog of games, and don't even play many of them?

I remember my sister had a bookshelf full of books, but I think she did read those.

2. lexo

lexo Resident Elite Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What is this alien concept you speak of, outlander?

For one, books can be collectibles like any other thing, imho. A little better for hoarding as well than say old newspapers or magazines.

Plus they get that good "old-book" smell in time, and before that they have that good "new-book" smell.*

In our house, we have a library; a whole wall made into bookshelves. Sometimes it's just nice to skim through something there or (re-)organize it a little or something. I too haven't read most of them, but even just flipping some pages now-and-then some can be nice.

And last, I think personally that everyone (if they can) should own some selection of the classics (both old and new).

*I also read books, I don't just smell them ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  3. Shole

Shole Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a lot of books, more than 500 probably in the whole house. There is no way to have too many, after all there are books that are very useful(cooking and teaching books and such) and books that are fun to read. I basically disagree with people who say that one can have too many books. It's like saying you have too many ants in an anthill lol.

4. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 45 / -10
    I have to agree with the above posts. There is no such thing as too many books.
    I wish i'd have the money to made an entire personal library in my own livingroom, i used to have on in Ro., but when i moved i wasn't able to take all the books with me.