Donald Trump wins u.s. elections

Discussion in 'News' started by gypsy_tears, Oct 5, 2016.

1. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
    Captain Tremendous

season 1 - The Primary (starring low energy Jeb, li'll Marco and Lyin' Ted)
    season 2 - The General (co starring crooked Hillary)

we want Captain Tremendous season 3 - The Term ! :cheers:

Dolan goes to the White House :car: [​IMG]

2. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
  3. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
  4. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    @beer here is my mediocre translation of an opinion piece by (former?) Portuguese journalist Miguel Esteves Cardoso :o

"It is bitter, but fair, the lesson Trump just handed to us

Trump won. We lost. By “we” I mean the media in the United States and Europe. According to the stories we told each other and our readers, what has just happened was impossible.

Our polls and our opinions – including my own – were not only completely wrong but also contributed to a dangerous unanimity which created a smoke screen worthy of the propaganda apparatus of totalitarian states.

Every week, I read two conservative American magazines- The Weekly Standard and National Review. I read the pro-Republican Wall Street Journal everyday. In none of them I was warned Trump might win.

I feel I’m the victim of a conspiracy – not from Trump but from the media. What we witnessed wasn't news coverage of an election, rather a vast advertising campaign in favour of Hillary Clinton in which even apolitical publications like Variety participated in.

Donald Trump was the target of the biggest and most violent campaign of personal attacks I’ve ever seen in my life. All major publications lined up enthusiastically. Apart from far-right websites, the only one I saw defending Trump was the extraordinary Drudge Report. It was only through them that I began to see - and here I am saying it - that the electorate always reacts badly to paternalistic orders given by an unanimity of commentators, journalists and celebrities.

The election of Donald Trump was a triumph of democracy and a profound defeat of the media.

Of course Trump is no outsider. He is a billionaire who has always been a part of the established order, the elite that calls the shots and rules American economy. He is a friend of Hillary and Bill Clinton who only became a former friend because he felt like being US president.

Now he is going to be. He got what he wanted. He will turn his back on his electorate as soon as he realizes that the only thing they have to give him is already given: the votes he needed to be elected.

He has already complimented Hillary Clinton. He’s said he's going to represent all Americans. He will slowly become a moderate and liberal Republican. Opportunists always have this advantage of metamorphosis.

Trump won against much of the Republican Party but it was thanks to him that the Republican Party retained the majority in the Senate and in Congress. If Trump were the adventurous populist he pretends to be he would take the opportunity to undermine the current political system, taking advantage of the personal political power he now holds.

But he will do no such thing. The Republican party has everything in hand.
    Trump will preside over the complacency of established power, recovered from the hands of Obama. The old political system will be strengthened and the beneficiaries will be the same: the ones less in need.

And the media? What are we going to do? Continue on campaign? Continue to deceive ourselves and deceive those who read us?

Showing surprise and astonishment is not enough. It just reveals the bad work we've done. To say it was a shock, that no one saw it coming only points to the illusory world where our own comfort zone lies..

It's not Trump that has to make a turnaround. It's us. Trump won because he was elected. We lost because we were defeated by our own prejudices and by the overzealousness with which we pursued Hillary Clinton's victory.
    It's a happy day for Donald Trump and most who elected him. For us it is a sad and, from a professional point of view, at least for me, shameful day."

- Miguel Esteves Cardoso

• Like Like x 2
  5. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
    thanks for making the effort to translate it, google does a horrible job with those.

I agree with him on his analysis of the big murrican mainstream media fail, they were all either bought and paid for/in the tank for the witch or just plain deluded and deliberately feeding lies to the world.

Trump was filling arenas and selling stadiums sized venues out for political speeches, beating Elton John and etc attendance records while at it, there were 5 miles long lines of rabid Trumpers of all stripes who waited 12 hours and more just to get a good spot at his rallies, nobody thought it important enough to report honestly..

:)

bigly big league :D

6. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
  7. Sheolite

Sheolite T&G Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 3 / -0
    Watching this piece by piece as I can so I'll post more on this. Our votes count? Against the elite?

8. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
    apparently they did this time :)

best thank you rally yet, relive the win with President Trump ! :glasses9:

9. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +182 / 22 / -3
    another awesome teleprompter free rally

[​IMG]

look at the size of that crowd :glasses9:

10. Alicia

Alicia Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Fuck yes. Fuck those SJW snowflakes retards.

• Like Like x 2