Do you think we already have cures for diseases?

Discussion in 'Grown Ups' started by Shrim, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Shrim

Shrim Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sometime ago I heard that there's already a cure for many diseases, mainly Cancer and the US government is keeping it under wraps. Personally I don't believe such a story, but I want to know what you all think. Do you think the US government could hide the idea that they have a cure for any major disease? If so, why would they do it? The same goes for any country out there.

I know that this is a big time conspiracy theory, the same I believe was said about AIDS ages ago.

What do you think about the possibility of governments holding back cures for major diseases? If it is true, is it a way to slow down population?

Discuss.

2. PaulM

PaulM Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just don't think a conspiracy that huge could remain a secret. Plus, the government is basically bought and paid for by corporate interests. If a pharmaceutical company could make $3 selling a cancer cure I guarantee the government wouldn't interfere.

Now, that said, I wouldn't put it past the government to not work in our best interest, I just don't think this is the way they'd go about it.

3. Mack89

Mack89 Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I doubt this would be the case as well. I'm sure the government worries more about their rich politicians than they do most of us, but I doubt they'll hide a cure away from people. There's a really big chance that cancer is a very hard disease to combat against, and I'm sure if someone found a cure, more people would too and it wouldn't be a secret for long anyways.

4. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +238 / 19 / -7
    yeah, profits would still be had with cures..the big pharma conspiracy just never made sense to me.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've known a few people that used herbal remedies that helped with their cancer and put it in remission. There are also countless stories on the internet of ancient cures that have helped people. But the medical community shrugs it off as BS because there is no way for them to make big money this way. Do you really think organizations like the American Cancer Society and many like them want to find a cure for cancer? If they find a cure for cancer, then what? They're done. There would be no need for them. They would all be out of a job. All those billions of dollars being piped in gone.

As far as the governments concerned, it's all about the money. Can the government keep something hidden? They're experts at it. Most of the technology we have today the government was using many years ago and they're just releasing it to us because they're on to the next thing. Ever heard of the NSA? They spied on people for decades and we're just finding out now to what end. And we still don't know to what depths.

Well, know that I've written this I will probably disappear mysteriously.