Do You Like Indie Authors

Discussion in 'Books' started by Scorpion, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm one of those people that has embraced the digital e-reader. If you would have told me 20 years ago I'd be able to carry a thousand books in the palm of my hand I would have thought you were crazy. I know a lot of people like the feel of a book but not me. Give me something lightweight and that can give me any book within seconds and I'm there.

Since e-readers are so popular it has started a self-publishing industry that is growing every day. I happen to like indie authors. I've found some that are very talented and that could probably give the A-List authors some competition.

Do you like indie authors or do you stick to the big name authors? If you like indie authors, who are some of your favorites?

2. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    I have a couple indie books stored on that amazon site thingy, written by fellow forum goers from another forums, but I never read them or checked for more. I still feel wholly lagging behind in my to.do list of classics, so it feels weird to even move indie.

I also don't own tablets or kindle, so it might have to do with that as well :lol: