Do you have a hard time eating healthy?

Discussion in 'Health and Workouts' started by Brem, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Brem

Brem Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a really fussy person and I am not a fan of eating most healthy foods. It's how I grew up and I tend to eat food that isn't that healthy. I remember I first had pizza when I was like 10 or so. I couldn't believe I wasted so long by not eating pizza, one of the best foods ever and I was scared to eat it. Thankfully I started to eat more foods as I got older, but I still didn't get into fruits and veggies.

Anyways, I try to eat healthy as much as I can. I eat fruits and veggies sometimes, and I have cut out soda, pizza and most unhealthy food. But have you ever had a hard time eating healthy foods?

2. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    most of my veggie intake is in soup, don't know if it atenuates the health factor or not. I'm not a fan of salads either.

3. lexo

lexo Resident Elite Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    [quote author=Brem link=topic=1178.msg54919#msg54919 date=1419096138]But have you ever had a hard time eating healthy foods?[/quote]

Short answer, no.
    Slightly longer answer, why should I? Healthy food is usually better-tasting (and obviously makes you feel better in the long run) than unhealthy food. I think it's some sort of (childish) pre-image of food that makes people think that "veggies are gross".
    I myself am no health-nut and I do eat really unhealthy stuff occasionally, but mostly I've just become accustomed to good food.

By the way, pizza and ice-cream needn't be considered unhealthy. The "thumb-rules" of what to avoid (based on my own personal experience) are foods heavy in refined sugars, hydrogenated vegetable oils (i.e. trans-fats), food colorings. Also obviously with added stuff that messes with your endocrine system (factory-farmed meat can be dangerous in this way).

4. Drummerman

Drummerman Unstoppable Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is a topic I feel like answering to now. I've done it before, why the heck should it be so hard this time? Not eating lots of cakes, junk food and stuff? :huh: The last time I lasted really long, too. I know I can, I just have to believe in myself, not buy energy drinks, soda, or candy (I mostly eat chocolate or cheese doodles) when I want to. I can do this. I don't drink a lot of beer though, that's not a problem quitting :lol: