Designing your dream room/house

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Stacey, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Stacey

Stacey Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As of late I've been purchasing a lot of stuff, like action figures, posters, and other interesting things to put up in my house. I like to buy new things to make my room and home more appealing. For example, I like to buy branded things from TV shows like Breaking Bad. Or video game based things. I like to put up action figures, statues, lamps. I even have a game of thrones throw blanket on my bed.

Does anyone else do this? Or is your home a traditional styled home like a lot of people do? I like to just be creative and have fun with my space.

2. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    I recently (not that recent any more, one year and a half :lol:) moved back to my parents' house ( :crap: ) and I just don't feel comfortable messing with anything. Honestly, I've seen hotel rooms with more personality than my room :lol:

3. Britanica

Britanica Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Due to a relationship ending, I am back in my parents house. Unfortunately, they moved while I wasn't living here so I don't have a bedroom. I am in the midst of fixing up the basement as a room. I plant on putting in a drop ceiling in the section I stay in. I have some curtains coming to use as a room divider to separate the spaces. I am a color freak. I like everything to match and since I had to get a portable cloth closet to keep my clothes in that was navy, I am going with that color. I will get navy sheets and decor to match. I also have animal print stuff as well but that goes with any color. I am hoping to have the area all set up in the next few months. I love decorating and my parents don't mind cause I keep the basement clean. haha

4. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 46 / -10
    I like making changes often in my space, i wish i'd own my own house to have more freedom, but atm. i'm limited at changing decorations and furniture rather than breaking walls :lol: Last year we bought a huge poster for our living room, the type that you stick on the wall with the Manhattan bridge, so after we started to add more to the theme and we made our livingroom an american one : pics with new york, Brooklyn, Central Park, Time square etc. I also like having a small corner all for myself where i can keep my favorite books, movies, games. I call it my hobby corner. :) Since i got into photography, i latest purchase a lot of frames so i can fill them with a few of the pics i took 'til now.

Guess i'll just attach a pic and let you watch for yourself. :D