Camera for newbie

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Benatel, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Benatel

Benatel Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm newbie (both in this forum and photography).
    I'm intending to buy a DSLR but there are so many confusing things :
    - I heard someone told me that 01 camera only can take a number of photos,the camera trapdoor only works for about 10.000 - 50.000 times in its whole life. Is this true ? And it this is true, we will have to throw that camera and buy new one after then ?
    - Which branch of camera I should buy now ? Mainly take photos of people, sometimes scene. The price of both camera and other accessories is under $1000

Thanks in advance

2. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +180 / 21 / -3
    I'm not into it but it seems like the Nikon D3200 is a very popular choice for beginners, though with your budget you can probably get something slightly higher end than that and squeeze in a few lenses as well.

[MENTION=1]iris[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  3. Benatel

Benatel Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would you mind telling me why should I choose Nikon instead of Canon ? Some of my friends who taking photos with DSLR suggested that I should take a Canon.
    [MENTION=10]beer[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  4. beer

beer T&G Elite Moderator

Ratings:
    +180 / 21 / -3
    hey, as I said, I'm not really into the hobby so I'm really out of my depth talking about stuff like this but I think I've seen that particular model mentioned here and many other places as a good starting point for the beginner photog.
    [MENTION=1]iris[/MENTION] and some others here will be able to guide you better so I'll wait for one of those guys to reply proper.

meanwhile, it's a diverse forum, feel free to check out some of the other areas etc :)

5. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +442 / 44 / -10
    Hi there, [MENTION=138]Benatel[/MENTION]!
    It's great that you decided to get into photography.
    I was going to recommend you the D5500, Nikon, but then i thought that for a beginner - beginner i'd suggest you to go with the Nikon D3200 which is much cheaper and the rest of the money you can invest them in lenses.
    I'd say :
    - Nikon D3200
    - Nikkor 18-55mm lenses
    - Nikkor 50 mm lenses (which are greaat for portraits)
    - tripod
    - shutter release
    and you're in the budget.
    You'll get great results while still learning and for begin, i wouldn't invest money in a more expensive camera until i learn a little about photography, until i know what i like to picture, what are my favorite subjects, do i really like it etc etc. Else you'd find yourself investing money in something that maybe it's not even your thing.

Why Nikon and not Canon, i don't know. It's just preferences. Both are incredible and you probably wouldn't go wrong by choosing Canon. I personally bought my first Nikon and then i stick with it since all my lenses are compatible.
    As about the camera not working after 10-50.000 clicks, hm! that's tricky.
    You must know that nowadays most of the DSLR's can go to a 100,000 shutter actuations. The more pro DSLR however will definitely reach between 150.000 - 300.000 clicks. But I'd it's moooore than enough. You'll find yourself willing another DSLR in less than 2 years :o

Good luck! :D

6. Benatel

Benatel Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha, lol you are good PR or at least a normal seller you know ? Ok, I will looking for a Nikon D320 on Amazon :) Thanks very much for your advise !

7. Grounded

Grounded Rookie User Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Why do you want a DSLR ? Bridge cameras are just as efficient with the added advantage of small size and no carrying extra lenses,