Art as a hobbie

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Shrim, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Shrim

Shrim Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone do art, such as; drawing, painting, sculptures and so on? But not for money? I used to do a lot of artistic work back in the day, actually painted a lot, mostly for fun. I want to paint my room by painting random things on my wall, maybe Walter White from Breaking Bad, maybe some gaming characters, etc. Odd stuff like that. Anyways, do you do art as a hobbie?

2. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Champion Super Mod

Ratings:
    +239 / 19 / -7
    No, I failed hard at it at school. Like, I'm so bad I can't draw straight lines even marking with a ruler :o

3. TravisM

TravisM Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd say a little bit here and there. I don't paint or anything, but I do like to draw once in a while. I wish I had more talent, because I'd paint and sell portraits and such. Would be fun.

4. Brem

Brem Come Here Often? Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did a lot of found object art in high school and tried to get back into it since, but it never really got anywhere. I did some trace drawings on my computer, that's the most recent art work I did and I probably wont do much of that anytime soon.

5. Alex

Alex Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've tried it before, but I could never get the hang of it. I managed to follow some youtube tutorials pretty closely, but could never draw anything of my own. I did give up after a few weeks though...

I do have a few friends who are good at drawing though, and open to requests. One of them does quite a few drawings of me and my friend, which is always nice

6. Britanica

Britanica Junior Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have done it as a hobby and for money.

I draw, paint, sculpt (polymer clay miniatures), make jewelry, write, and do all kindsa crafts. I even made cat toys at one point. haha

7. Iris

Iris Superhero Member Admin

Ratings:
    +449 / 45 / -10
    Recently got into photography, i love just grabbing my camera and hitting the road - then the excitement of importing my pic and processing, then sharing them. It's really one of the first things that i got involved with. :)

Tried a few other thing, took a few classes (maybe one year or so) of drawing, written a few stuff, had a blog where i was sharing that written stuff and that is the bottom of it. Haven't stick with anything though 'til now.